Removing the Pain, Saving the Tooth
Do you feel pain or throbbing when biting? Does a section of your mouth feel particularly sensitive to hot or cold foods? These may indicate that your tooth's nerve chamber has become damaged, either by trauma or decay.
A Simple Solution
The good news is that a root canal provides a simple solution to your problem, one that can save your tooth and preserve your natural smile.
Dr. David Mondock, DMD, Family Dentistry uses a five step process for root canals:
- The tooth is anesthetized, eliminating pain during the procedure.
- After an opening is made through the crown of the tooth, the length of the root canals is determined.
- Unhealthy pulp is removed. Canals are cleaned, enlarged, and shaped.
- Your tooth's canals are filled with a special material to maintain the tooth structure.
- The tooth is sealed with a filling. A crown is usually added for further protection.
A Reason to Smile
Although many people dread root canals, they're really a reason to smile. An unhealthy tooth gives you daily pain and may lead to illness due to infection.
After a root canal, the pain will be gone. Without the daily stress and pain a damaged tooth can cause, you'll rapidly feel better and have much more energy.
Call Dr. David Mondock today at 724-925-6816 or fill out our easy-to-use contact form. Let us show you how a root canal can give you a reason to smile!