Crowns and Bridges
Preserving Your Smile with Crowns and Bridges
A damaged or lost tooth doesn't mean your smile is gone forever. Let Dr. David Mondock, DMD show you how crowns and bridges keep your smile intact.
Strengthen and Protect with Custom Crowns
Teeth can in be damaged by accident, decay, or through the deterioration of an older, large filling. Don't worry! A crown can save the tooth by providing protection for the weakened area, as well as strengthening the tooth itself.
Depending on your needs, Dr. Mondock may recommend a porcelain crown, a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, or an all-metal crown.
Fitting a crown requires at least two visits. During the first visit, Dr. Mondock will:
- Remove decay and shape the tooth
- Make an impression of the tooth
- Make and fit a temporary crown from plastic or metal
During the second visit, Dr.Mondock will:
- Remove the temporary crown
- Fit and adjust the permanent crown
- Cement the permanent crown into place
You'll go home with a mended tooth, customized to fit your mouth!
Bridge the Gap and Restore Your Smile
Missing teeth aren't just inconvenient. When one or more teeth are missing, the remaining teeth may drift out of place. This changes your appearance, alters your bite, and may even lead to the loss of additional teeth through decay and gum disease.
Happily, Dr. Mondock can build you a bridge to close the gap, restoring strength and beauty to your smile.
Fitting a bridge requires at least two visits. During the first visit, Dr. Mondock will:
- Prepare teeth on either side of the gap for the crowns that will support the bridge
- Make an impression of the entire area
- Fit a temporary or transitional bridge
On the second visit, Dr. Mondock will:
- Install the new crowns
- Fit and adjust the new bridge
- Cement the fixed bridge
You'll leave our office with strong, healthy teeth, free from pain,
apprehension, and insecurity.
12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
7:00 AM to 1:00 PM
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Closed on Friday
Closed on Saturday